Smoked Salmon in a Day
Cold smoking and salmon filleting course – £125
This course goes into detail about the specifics of cold smoking and in particular, cold smoking of fish. There is a maximum of 6 participants per course and while you will not leave with ready to eat smoked salmon, you will leave with your own hand filleted side of salmon, all the equipment and full instructions on what to do to complete your first fillet of home smoked salmon. You will also then be set up to carry on cold smoking to your hearts content! If all the instructions are followed, your salmon should be ready for Easter weekend.
The course is half a day and runs from 9:00am to 1:00pm with a break for refreshments included, to give everyone the chance to ask questions galore. The course is run at my house in Westerham, Kent which is easily accessible from the A25, A21 and M25 junction 5 or 6.
We will go through:
- the basics of curing and brining
- filleting and pin boning a salmon
- the basics of cold smoking
- how to use the equipment included in the course
Included as part of the course:
- a side of salmon which you will fillet and pin bone from a whole salmon
- a cold smoking kit including a smokebox, smoke generator and wood dust
- full instructions and timings to ensure that you can complete your smoke successfully.